Central 107 Gillette 86
The Central men's basketball team stopped a four game losing skid and evened their Region 9 conference record to 1-1 with a 107 to 86 win over Gillette Saturday afternoon.
The Rustlers came out hot hitting 5 of their first 8 three pointers and hitting 14 total for the game. The Rustlers led by 13 at half and extended that lead to as much as 22 in the second half. "It was a complete team effort," said Assistant Coach Taylor Lavery, who was the head coach for the day following the one game suspension of Head Coach Brad Schmit. Five Rustlers were in double figures, led by David Simental who scored 29.
- Darius Guinn scored a new high as a Rustler with 24 points. He also had 9 rebounds.
- Taylor Tidzump had 15 points with 12 rebounds. Devin Rottweiler scored 18 with 10 boards.
- Jacob Smith scored 14 for CWC.
- Central played only 7 players.
- CWC is now 6-11 overall, 1-1 in Region 9 play.
CWC Up Next:
Wednesday, January 16th at LCCC. The Rustlers will return home to take on Eastern Wyoming on Saturday, January 19th.