Casper College (11-4, 1-0) 81 CWC Women (6-10, 0-1) 53
Casper came out strong and removed the doubt early beating Central in the Region 9 opener 81 to 53. The Thunderbirds held CWC to just five points in each of the first two quarters. Up 17 to 5 after one quarter, Casper used a 10-0 run that spanned almost seven minutes to blow the game open and lead 38 to 10 at half. Each team scored 43 points in the second half. Coach Lindsey Fearing said, "It's hard to come back from scoring only ten points in the first half. If we had played the way we did in the second half at the start, it would have been a completely different game."
- Central was just 3 for 26, 12% in the first half in scoring only 10 points.
- Essy Latu led three in double figures with 14, Paulani Tarawa added 13 and 10 from Rylee Burmester.
- Brayle Crosman led the rebounding with 6.
- Casper had four in double figures led by Nerea Baena's 23.
- Casper hit 27 of 31 free throws, Central was 11 for 19.
- Central is 0-1 in league play and has lost 4 straight.
CWC Up Next:
Saturday, January 12th- CWC women (6-10) host Gillette at 2pm